(1) Name, nationality and address of the applicant.
(2) Title, description, claims and abstract of the invention (in Portuguese).
(3) Name, nationality and address of the inventor.
(4) Declaration justifying entitlement to the patent if the applicant is not the inventor or his successor.
(5) Information concerning any application for patents (or other title of protection) related to the same invention filed in any other country.
(6) Priority data and documents, if applicable (accompanied by certified Portuguese translation; may be submitted later).
(7) Power of Attorney (notarized; may be filed later).
The term for filing an opposition is 60 days counted from publication of the patent abstract in the Industrial Property Bulletin. Objections shall be notified to the applicant who may respond within 30 days counted from notification of the opposition. Where the applicant does not file a response within the deadline the patent application is deemed withdrawn.
The patent duration begins on the date of application and runs for a period of 20 years, subject to the payment of annuities.