(1) Name, nationality and address or place of business of the applicant(s).
(2) Name and country of residence of the design creator.
(3) Indication of the products to which the design applies or relates.
(4) Graphical representations or photographs of the design. (*)
(5) Authorization signed by the design creator in case the applicant is not the same person.
(6) Priority data, if applicable.
(7) Power of Attorney (not required for filing through an Official Industrial Property Agent).
(*) Multiple design applications are possible provided that all the designs belong to the same Locarno class (up to 100 designs in the same application).
The publication takes place shortly after the application except if deferment is requested. The term for filing an opposition is 2 months counted from publication of the design application. Oppositions shall be notified to the applicant who may respond within 2 months.
The design registration is valid for 5 years from the date of filing of the application. This term may be renewed up to a maximum validity period of 25 years.